11/06/2006

BOOKS: Worldchanging: A User's Guide for the 21st Century


I've been frequent reader of the website Worldchanging for some time and am very excited to have recently purchased their book Worldchanging: A User's Guide for the 21st Century. Not only did I judge this book by its cover, the cover's graphic design is gorgeous, but I just dove into the Shelter portion of the book and am already impressed by the breadth of material presented with such clarity. This section of the text is written largely by Sarah Rich and her Inhabitat companion Jill Fehrenbacher. By the way, if you haven't yet checked out Inhabitat, I highly recommend it, it's a well organized, inspiring and resourceful blog that I read religiously. The other sections in the manual deal with Cities, Community, Business, Stuff, Politics and Planet, all on a global scale and with the intent of educating the public on how to intelligently budget our resources and create sustainable living situations regardless of location.

When I get more into the 600 page Worldchanging book (I just started reading it today) I'll post the fascinating topics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home